Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Never heard of a policy without a stop-gap ( max out of pocket) for the year. You might want to call & ask, then get everything fixed! Also -- ask Drs/hospital about fees. Sometimes a day in, rather than not, makes a difference in charge category & fees. Ask if any patient assistance for bills.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Idk whAt happened but Randy is spitting mad. He came looking for Boone’s collar and said he got out (which was probably Randy’s fault). I am in extreme pain, not sure if its coming from my back or my hip. It radiates from my waist to my knee. But I can’t walk without making it more intense and the pain is constant.
He showed back up with both dogs. He’s slamming doors and yelling at them, refuses to tell me anything and won’t even talk to me.

I don’t dare try to get up and let Boone out, as he slammed the door and went to feed, taking Fen with him. I am in the dark. I think he’s mad at me because I am in pain again. I have no control over this.
I can’t win. 😞

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses you are right. I need to find out exactly what this ins is. They were supposed to insure both if us but since I am on medicare I have had to pay a couple hundred a month for plan. I keep asking Randy to bring it up to the boss but he doesn’t do it. Kinda tired of me having to deal with the stress

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK. So apparently he went out to check the laundry and didn’t lock the door so Fen opened the front door and let themselves out then proceeded to explore the ranch proper with Randy in pursuit. I know how frustrating that can be, and how much country Boone can cover and how completely a livestock Guardian breed can go deaf when you want them to come. They either have amazing recall or none whatsoever. This morning he had none whatsoever.

Last edited:

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Several times last night, Boone climbed into bed and checked on me. I slept this afternoon because pain levels are really high. I pulled blanket over my head and went to sleep on couch. I woke up to him snuffling around under the blanket looking for me. Once I said hello, and hugged him he climbed across my lap for a good ten minutes before going outside ❤️
He’s the sweetest boi!

Idk what I would do without his company. Fen doesn’t want to stay with me at all.
#gudboiboone

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oddly, Boone never got on the bed last night. Fen is bummed he is sleeping in the house because he hogs FEN’s little platform bed. There isn’t room for both in the bedroom. Fen has definitely gotten the short end of the stick since Boone came. Guess he shoulda considered that before deciding not to be my companion and Service Dog. (Yeah, I do realize there was no way for him to know)

Boones vest came. It’s the XL, biggest they make not being custom. I had to let the straps out some to fit him. He’s one monster 6 mo old puppeh!

Last edited:

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went for a walk tonight with Boone to make sure his vest is going to be comfortable for him. He was awesome. We went past the snarling ranch dogs in the horse trailer to go down the lane. He didn’t react at all. I didn’t even have to hold his leash. I just put the short handle in his vest and he kept pace with me and kept me balanced. Twice I would have fallen without him. We stood and watched cows who had a stare down with us. Again, he was non reactive. The only mistake he made was snagging an especially appealing road apple on the way back home

Tonight, he is fixated on bringing me white tennis shoes. At least he matches them up, since they are all in a pile. 😂.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boone’s perfect morning, surrounded by his friends…
IMG_8204.jpeg